Sunday, March 7, 2010

The moose's name is probably Harold

 

 

  


I found, quite by (lucky, eye-poppingly amazing) accident, a how-to video by Roben-Marie Smith, showing how she makes envelopes out of old file folders.  Guess who has old file folders (I DO) so I thought I would try a couple of these.  They were so much fun that now I want to make about 25 more.  The only snag I ran into is that my file folders are pretty cheap ones - I don't remember where I got them from but they're at least   years old; and although at first glance they look perfect for this project... well, they're not square.  So I had to do some fancy folding and cutting to get the edges to all line up.  At first I thought I must be doing something wrong, but I guess my only mistake was buying el cheapo folders in the first place.  (The $20 sewing machine is a whole other story...)

Anyway, who needs files?  These are way more fun, don't you agree?

Love Shelley!



8 comments:

  1. These are absolutely WONDERFUL Shelley!! I'm loving that moose. :)
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, at the risk of creeping you out . . . I'm in love (completely platonically though). Yep. I found you through my friend Nancy's blog (crowabout) and you've swept me off my artistic feet with your amazing talent at what I can't do (journal) and your great sense of humor and writing style. So, just warning you, I'll be stalking . . . and admiring not so secretly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee! I must be following Marsha LOL...now I know why my ears were ringing hee hee...I love these folders...they are completely amazing! Big smoochies for Harold the moose! And Marsha can sooooo too journal!! :O) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your stuff is awesome! You never told me you had a craft blog! Unbelievable...you think you know people...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are very clever. I especially like the color palette surrounding Harold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK these are just wonderful. I love seeing all the textures.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...