Monday, May 3, 2010

I love my penpals!

I think my friend Holly will have received this book in the mail by now, so it should be safe to post.  We've been writing to each other for a while, but this last time she wrote to me, she had the genius idea of writing in a notebook so that a) we can comment on each other's letters, and b) so that we can remember what we wrote last time.  Anyway, the front cover was a plain yellow classic scribbler cover, and I decided to alter it.  I hope she doesn't mind.  Moooo hoo ha ha ha haaaa!  Actually at the rate we're going, it will only have to go back and forth one more time and then it will be full anyway.  I think next time it will be her turn to decorate; I can't wait to see what she comes up with!


And while I had all these colours out anyway, I also did a journal page - I didn't take a picture of it yet though, so you'll have to wait to see that one.  Actually come to think of it, I haven't even done any actual journaling on it!  Maybe I should think of something to say first before I start showing it off and calling it an art 'journal' page.  : )

So yeah, that's all for now, but yes, I'm alive and slowly working on a couple of things.  More soon... I promise!

Love Shelley!

4 comments:

  1. What a genius idea, and I LOVE the way you decorated your pen-palling book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shelley! this is a great idea....kinda like a conversation on paper that never ends! you did a fabulous job on the cover......that mischievous little guy makes me chuckle!! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would LOVE to see what inside this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really do think you are living a secret life you know...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...