Thursday, September 23, 2010

I don't even know what I mean

Okay!  I'm back.  Sorry for the long break - I could regale you with excuses or I could show you some pictures.... which would you like?

I KNEW IT!  Okay, let's go! 

Last month I had the opportunity to work in a themed traveling journal.  Our assignment was to do a "sign-in" page that said a little about ourself, then one or two pages on the theme of "LOVE".   Once it's finished, it will be sold to raise money for charity. 

For the sign-in page, I kept right on with my circles-and-rays obsession:


And then for the themed page I did, this is what happened:




There's a coat of crackle on the page, which adds an amazing amount of texture, I think I'll have to try that again soon!

As for what I wrote, well.  I'm sure a psychiatrist would have a field day with that, but I don't really know why I wrote it or where it came from.  It just sort of... spilled out onto the page.  I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually but in the meantime, I've sent the journal off on its way to Minnesota for the next person to make her mark.

Stay tuned; there's more to come!

Love Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and collage elements! I will admit that I thought "What?" when I saw the second page. I guess when we're in love, we may tend to curb some of our ways, learn to compromise, and allow our loved ones to affect/change us. And the experience brings heart/soul growth and we sing with happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! Can't wait to see them in person :-) Thanks for sharing and being a part of the project.
    kso

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...