Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bonus Day!


I was all ready to head in to work this morning when I got a call from the bus driver: school is closed!  I wasn't expecting that at all.  But really, there's no downside (besides getting further behind at work, of course, but I guess I'll just work reeeeeeeeally hard tomorrow.)

The kids were happy that I was here to have breakfast with them; less happy that I put them to work emptying the dishwasher after that, but happy again when I decided to bake!  Right now there's a lemon slice in the oven.  Maybe later: chocolate chip cookies.  After all, if the weather is miserable enough to force us to stay home, then I'm pretty sure some comfort food is in order. 

I'm also going to try to get a couple more of these little sketchy things done.  I have Big Plans for this collection of stuff.  I'm telling you that so that I will be accountable - I know my own tendency to start on a Big Idea and then not follow it through.  So I'll share this with you: I want to do 28 of these, and then make 'em into a zine.  I've always dreamed of doing zines, and after all, I AM trying to make this an epic year. 

Okay.  I'm off to see how much butter I have.  Cookies and watercolours are the order of the day, and that makes me really happy.

Love Shelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think...