Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Some recent journal pages






I've been busy working on all kinds of journal pages, having fun with stuff as the inspiration hits me.  In some cases, I haven't even been waiting for the inspiration, I have just jumped right in, and actually that's how that chicken coop page started.  I added the fold-out page before I had any idea what I was planning, but luckily for me it all turned out all right.  I always feel a certain sense of relief when an experiment ends up looking like I meant to do that all along. 

A friend of a friend very gullibly trustingly sent me a couple of her journals to work in.  MOOOO HOO HAHAHAHA!  She didn't even set any guidelines, just told me to have at 'er.  Honestly, some people will trust ANYBODY!

The top page is done in a regular composition journal, and the bottom three are in a small notebook that's around 4x6".  I'll be popping them back in the mail to her tomorrow. 

Until then, keep your stick on the ice.

Love Shelley!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE pages!!! I think my fav is the rock one...maybe 'cause I wish for the same? But the Spring one is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!! And would it be too immature for me to say "Nice ...*ehem* {Rooster}"... but seriously nice painting/colouring on the bird?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal pages have been tempting me over for quite awhile now from the little preview picture that shows up on my blog. Finally made it over this morning . . . as always, your journal pages and sketches are gorgeous to see. Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...