Saturday, January 28, 2012

Octo-Lady!

Sometimes I wish I had eight arms (and some coordination).  Then I could REALLY get things done.


I found a library card that I had liberated from a used book store in my stash yesterday, and since 2012 is the official Year Of Using Up All The Good Stuff, I started doodling on it.  I know you're as shocked as I am that it's another octopus.  I don't know why I have them on the brain lately, but I predict that you might see one more yet.

I coloured her in with Inktense water-soluble pencils and a water brush, then went over the lines with a Staedtler pigment liner.



Then I thought how nice she would like (and how beautifully she fit!) on the back of this tag in my current art journal and voila!  A little bit of messing around on the top of the tag and I called it done.



Bonus photo, because I love these and I know you do too: the journal on my messy, messy desk.

Smooches!!

Love Shelley

1 comment:

  1. love the octo great color, and your journal looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...