Friday, September 7, 2012

More ideas than time


Any of you guys have this problem?


My mind is always bubbling with things I want to do.  I'll do a journal page and think of a whole series I could spin off from there. 

Brains!  Octopi!  Watercolour crayon on black backgrounds!  

Or I'll get a new cookbook and find twenty new recipes I want to try.  

I should totally be baking my own bread!  I bet we would all like panini sandwiches!  Why don't I ever use my waffle iron?  We need to eat more quinoa!  

Or I'll look around the yard and see sooo much that needs to be done to make it look nicer.  

Weed whack over there... the garage needs a new door... should probably clean up the junk behind the garage... need to buy grass seed for the edges of the driveway...  the front door has a lot of dirt on it...



I'll try something new (like putting canvas bits on my pages) and think of a bunch more ways that I could play with it - and want to explore that idea.  Or I'll look at the kids' bedrooms and think of all the decorating things I want to do for them to make their rooms ultra-kid-cool.  And omg don't even get me started on Pinterest.




But then reality kicks in and I remember that I still have to keep up with the dishes, the laundry, and even sleep now and then.  (Actually I'm a champion sleeper, so don't worry about me on that account.  Ha!)



Still, it could be worse.  I am NEVER bored.  Scattered? Mmm, yep.  But never, ever bored.

I'm not the only one who's like this, I know.  What do you guys do to get the most out of your day?  Please, share.  I could use the help.  : )

Love Shelley!

3 comments:

  1. love tha page, i dont have any kids running around, and i have all day to get things accomplished but it seems like my day flys by and i have not accomplished anything, but lots of ideas, i write to get done, (lol) so you are not the only one

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so me. Very hard time focusing. Love the eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page - the textures are really nice! Am I right in thinking the white lines over the light bulb are correction tape?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...