Thursday, September 13, 2012

This and that


My kids signed up for musical theatre and tonight was the first class.  They begged me to stay with them, and there were four chairs lined up against one wall, so I stayed to see what it was all about.

Close-up of Joelle's head.  I love the curve of her cheek.

I couldn't draw Cameron; he was too excited to be there and flitted around like a drunken firefly.  Maybe next time he'll be a little more still and I can capture some sketches of him too.


I know this isn't much, but I was pretty busy today and still managed to sneak in some art so I'm pretty happy.  In fact, I did pretty well on my whole checklist:

9, 3, 7, 5, 8, 3, 8, 8, 4, 8; overall 8!!
(I weight the answers however I want to, and I'm not consistent either.
It's my checklist and I'll jig the answers however I want to.)


I know it's a weird kind of checklist.  But these are the things I'm trying to focus on.  Otherwise whole days pass by and I've forgotten to jump feet-first into an adventure.  Or I haven't learned anything.  It's not meant to be an OCD "CHECK THE CHECKLIST!!!" sort of thing, just a nudge to remind myself to keep the balance of all the good things I'm trying to fill up every day with.  Things that fulfill me, things that make me say, yep, today was totally worth it.  That make me fall into bed at night with a sigh of pure satisfaction, knowing I seized the day and wrung every drop of juice out of it.

Speaking of which... this day is DONE.  In between everything else, I've put together an IKEA sofa table by myself, gave the chickens some TLC, did a bit of art, a 45 minute yoga dvd, and I got supper on the table on time.  High  five, me!  Off to catch some zzzs so that tomorrow will be equally as, or even MORE awesome.  I also have some bat pics to show you, so stay tuned.  If that doesn't get you all excited to come back, I don't know what will.

Love Shelley!

1 comment:

  1. just putting the ikea furniture together is awesome, i am sure they make those things for engineers to try and put together and i mean try, love the sketches of your daughter

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think...